Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

V-mount intercooler/radiator

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:24 AM
atchernyshev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question V-mount intercooler/radiator

Team,
can you give recomendation about V-mount intercooler/radiator kit for 350Z
Andrew
Old 07-16-2006, 05:26 AM
k3silk

do you mean the intercoolers that come in the jwt kit?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:28 AM
k3silk

that is the only kit i have seen with V mount, although you can always get two intercoolers and weld them together?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:36 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

This is a v-mount setup.

I was trying to do this, but wasnt happy with how things were going with the fab shop so its something i might try to persue later on.

The easiest thing to do would be to trim the factory core/radiator support out of the way so your headlight mounts and crap all stays in place. Then you can try something like Signal did in that pic or build a tube frame to hold all of your components. But unless you have an longnose bumper or something you really cant fit that much of a bigger radiator or intercooler in the car, but the effects of having air pass through each one (radiator, intercooler) on there own paths provides better cooling then have the air get heated up by the IC first then going through the rad.
Attached Thumbnails V-mount intercooler/radiator-vmount.jpg  

Last edited by meatbag; 07-16-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:59 AM
chimmike

problem with Vmounting, is each time it the air directly hits the rad, and it's angled, it slows down the airflow because it has to make a turn. then while slowing down, gives it more time to heat up before it hits the IC.......just my observation. That and it's entirely too complicated for a stock motor setup.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:32 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Why would the air flow through the radiator then the IC??? Thats the whole point of the vmount setup so each one has its own airflow stream and it doesnt flow through the other afterwards.
Attached Thumbnails V-mount intercooler/radiator-vmount2.jpg  

Last edited by meatbag; 07-16-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:47 AM
chimmike

well, if you can make a complicated setup like that work in the Z without spending a fortune, by all means.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:19 PM
atchernyshev

Originally Posted by k3silk
do you mean the intercoolers that come in the jwt kit?
like Signal Auto
Old 07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
atchernyshev

Originally Posted by meatbag
Why would the air flow through the radiator then the IC??? Thats the whole point of the vmount setup so each one has its own airflow stream and it doesnt flow through the other afterwards.
yes .. i'm looking for bolt in kit
Old 07-16-2006, 12:23 PM
chimmike

Originally Posted by atchernyshev
yes .. i'm looking for bolt in kit

there's no such thing yet, good luck.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:19 PM
k3silk

Originally Posted by meatbag
This is a v-mount setup.

I was trying to do this, but wasnt happy with how things were going with the fab shop so its something i might try to persue later on.

The easiest thing to do would be to trim the factory core/radiator support out of the way so your headlight mounts and crap all stays in place. Then you can try something like Signal did in that pic or build a tube frame to hold all of your components. But unless you have an longnose bumper or something you really cant fit that much of a bigger radiator or intercooler in the car, but the effects of having air pass through each one (radiator, intercooler) on there own paths provides better cooling then have the air get heated up by the IC first then going through the rad.
oh my bad didnt know that sorry.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Oleg

Team,
can you give recomendation about V-mount intercooler/radiator kit for 350Z
Andrew
Esche odna ne samaya umnaya idea. Otkroi kapot i zaglyani tudyt', tam negde pernut'. Dlya etogo pridetc'sa razbirat' i perestraivat' ves' peredok i odevat' udlinenniy bamper, kotoriy sam po sebe budet smtret'sa tupo bez polnogo komplkta. Signal auto, kotoriy eto sdelal zamenil nash dvizhok na boleye kompaktniy dvigatel' iz Nissan Silvia. Pover' mne na slovo, lyuboy iz suschestvuyuschih forsazhnyh komplektov ne budet sozdavat' usloviya pri kotoryh promezhutochniy ohladitel' zablokiruyet radiator. Esli ty gonyaesh' seryozno, to kupi bol'shiy radiator is vse.

Same this in English for others to comment on:

Another not so bright idea. Open your hood and look inside, there is no room to fart in there. In order to accomplish this you'll have to take apart and re-engineer the whole front of the car, and then add a long-nose bumper, which will look dumb without the full kit. Signal auto, that pulled this off, replaced our engine with a smaller one from a Nissan Silvia. Take my word for it, any of the existing FI kits will not create a condition at which your radiator will be blocked by the intercooler. If you are racing seriously, get a bigger radiator.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:26 AM
atchernyshev

Originally Posted by Oleg
Esche odna ne samaya umnaya idea. Otkroi kapot i zaglyani tudyt', tam negde pernut'. Dlya etogo pridetc'sa razbirat' i perestraivat' ves' peredok i odevat' udlinenniy bamper, kotoriy sam po sebe budet smtret'sa tupo bez polnogo komplkta. Signal auto, kotoriy eto sdelal zamenil nash dvizhok na boleye kompaktniy dvigatel' iz Nissan Silvia. Pover' mne na slovo, lyuboy iz suschestvuyuschih forsazhnyh komplektov ne budet sozdavat' usloviya pri kotoryh promezhutochniy ohladitel' zablokiruyet radiator. Esli ty gonyaesh' seryozno, to kupi bol'shiy radiator is vse.

Same this in English for others to comment on:

Another not so bright idea. Open your hood and look inside, there is no room to fart in there. In order to accomplish this you'll have to take apart and re-engineer the whole front of the car, and then add a long-nose bumper, which will look dumb without the full kit. Signal auto, that pulled this off, replaced our engine with a smaller one from a Nissan Silvia. Take my word for it, any of the existing FI kits will not create a condition at which your radiator will be blocked by the intercooler. If you are racing seriously, get a bigger radiator.
spasibo za info. kakoi radiator porekovenduesh ?

Same in English:

thank you for info. please recomend me radiator vendor ...
Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Oleg

spasibo za info. kakoi radiator porekovenduesh ?

Same in English:

thank you for info. please recomend me radiator vendor ...

A lot of people are using Koyo, but it requires extra work to install it. There are radiators from Power Enterprise, Greddy, ARC, but they cost a lot.
If I were you, I'd keep the stock radiator initially and see if any overheating issues before spending more money on a upgrade.
The stock radiator is pretty large, and Moscow's climate is pretty cool. Unless you have plans to race in on tracks for prolonged time periods, you stock radiator should be adequate.

Ksati, esli ne tyazhelo, sdelay foto mashini na fone Kremlya ili hrama Vasilia Blazhenogo. Vsegda hotel uvidet' etu kartinku...
Old 07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
atchernyshev

Originally Posted by Oleg
A lot of people are using Koyo, but it requires extra work to install it. There are radiators from Power Enterprise, Greddy, ARC, but they cost a lot.
If I were you, I'd keep the stock radiator initially and see if any overheating issues before spending more money on a upgrade.
The stock radiator is pretty large, and Moscow's climate is pretty cool. Unless you have plans to race in on tracks for prolonged time periods, you stock radiator should be adequate.

Ksati, esli ne tyazhelo, sdelay foto mashini na fone Kremlya ili hrama Vasilia Blazhenogo. Vsegda hotel uvidet' etu kartinku...
u menia poka net 350z ... prosto obdumivau proekt