Comic Unova Teen This World We Share [B/W Randomized Soul Link]

Thread Description
Body-swapping, parallel worlds, and pop idols, oh my! Updates: yes. (04/28 - p1)

Kirilish

Nuzlocke Heaven, VO Hell
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry This Pokemon is known for its soft, captivating voice; however, those who look upon its punk-like exterior are never allowed to hear it ever again.
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 12, 2020
Nature
Timid
7166ec1b800d371d5ed140a5fde9a90258256d2e.png
GAME STATUS: COMPLETE | COMIC STATUS: ONGOING (PART 1)​

SUMMARY
Luka Ersatz is a rising idol taking on the gym challenge for the sake of reality TV, armed only with his Pokedex and a Dratini who acts more like his mother than his partner. Lucy Rowan is an unregistered trainer threatening to run away from home despite her overprotective father living three regions away. They should have nothing to do with each other, really, but when a pair of mirrors fall into their hands, they find themselves staring at themselves through each other's eyes. This might seem like your normal body-swapping gone wrong, but there's just one caveat-

They live in completely different universes.

RULES
  • NUZLOCKE 1. If a Pokemon faints, they're considered dead and must be boxed for the remainder of the game.
  • NUZLOCKE 2. Only the first Pokemon encountered on any given route can be caught. If no party Pokemon can learn an HM move, a replacement is allowed to be caught but cannot be used in battle.
  • NUZLOCKE 3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
  • RANDOMIZED 1. Wild Pokemon locations are randomized; gift Pokemon are randomized by rarity (i.e. common with common and legendaries with legendaries).
  • RANDOMIZED 2. Trainer teams are randomized by type. Gyms are not guaranteed to be based on their original typing (i.e. Cress is not guaranteed to have water-type Pokemon, etc.).
  • RANDOMIZED 3. Items found on the ground are randomized. Items given by NPCs are not.
  • SOUL LINK 1. Pokemon caught on the same route are 'soul linked'. All Pokemon must be in opposite-gender pairs (non-gendered Pokemon count as wildcards); the second game encountering is allowed to re-encounter until that condition is met. If a Pokemon is caught in one game but their soul link Pokemon is lost (by fainting or running away), that Pokemon cannot be used.
  • SOUL LINK 2. All partners must remain together, whether in their respective game's party or in the PC. If a Pokemon caught in one game faints, then their soul link partner is also considered dead and cannot be used for the remainder of the game.

PAGES [TUMBLR]

PART 1: MIRROR, MIRROR
04/28 | COVER
04/28 |
PAGE 1

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Badges
Pronouns
whatever you want
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
whatever you want
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
I am still unclear with Soul Link route 1
How can you have multiple pokemon caught in one route if you use nuzlocke rule?

anyway god speed on the comic!

OP
Kirilish

Kirilish

Nuzlocke Heaven, VO Hell
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry This Pokemon is known for its soft, captivating voice; however, those who look upon its punk-like exterior are never allowed to hear it ever again.
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 12, 2020
Nature
Timid
I am still unclear with Soul Link route 1
How can you have multiple pokemon caught in one route if you use nuzlocke rule?

anyway god speed on the comic!
Thank you! I played both versions of the game at the same time (most soul links have two people playing, but I decided to do it by myself, which was.....tedious, haha), so for each route, there would be one encounter for Black and one encounter for White. There's still one encounter per route for each game!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Oh god two games at once, godspeed. Honestly, the concept looks cool as hell. I'm digging it.

Kadew

snek snek snek
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
Dex Entry If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Pronouns
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Oh dang, playing through two games in lockstep sounds exhausting. Kudos just for finishing that twice-over gameplay. The premise you've described for these characters sounds interesting. There's not much story there yet, but I'm gonna have to follow to see how this plays out. I like the design of that dratini already, though. I'm weak for lil ear whispys.

Back
Top Bottom