Your favorite Sulawesi Shrimp? Poll!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Which sulawesi shrimp is your favorite?

• Cardinal Shrimp (Caridina Dennerili)

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Harlequin Shrimp (Caridina Woltereckae)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yellow Cheek Shrimp aka Gold Fleck (Caridina Spinata)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Blue Dot Red Line Shrimp (Caridina Striata)

• Red Orchid Shrimp (Caridina sp.??)

• White Orchid Shrimp (Caridina sp.??)

• Total voters

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Which of the sulawesi shrimp sparks your interest the most? I'd like to know so I have an idea of what new shrimp to bring in next time around ;-) Furthermore, I am curious to see what sparks people's interest in these guys.

If a shrimp that is NOT on the poll sparks your interest, feel free to just post it onto the thread!

For me, it's the harlequins (Caridina Woltereckae) and cardinals (Caridina Dennerli).
Here's some pictures of my sulawesi shrimp that I got a week ago. So far, I've only had one death from a cardinal due to me mingling too much in the tank. But aside from that, they're all going strong!

IMG_2215.JPG IMG_2218.JPG IMG_2247.JPG IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2252.JPG IMG_2256.JPG IMG_2262.JPG

Last edited:

adimeatatime

AC Members
Sep 23, 2006
What I like about them is that they are really colorful and live in higher PH water. I like and would be interested in any of them.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Black cardinals ftw

Yadokari

AC Members
Feb 10, 2008
Black cardinals ftw
Cardinal color seems to vary, some appear very deep red, like blood. Others are a cherry red color. Not sure what these color variations mean though.

Moreover, cardinals seem to be the most popular right now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store