Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Llumar Pinnacle 35 pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Llumar Pinnacle 35 pictures

Hey All - just got some tint done on the front driver and passenger windows and wanted to share pics as I had trouble finding some.

I dont like dark dark tint and wanted 40 but the installer only had 50 and 35. I was going to go for 50 but opted for 35 and am pretty happy. It's not too dark.

Here Is a pic. (Back is factory privacy glass)
Old 09-30-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
Hey All - just got some tint done on the front driver and passenger windows and wanted to share pics as I had trouble finding some.

I dont like dark dark tint and wanted 40 but the installer only had 50 and 35. I was going to go for 50 but opted for 35 and am pretty happy. It's not too dark.

Here Is a pic. (Back is factory privacy glass)
I have Llumar CTX (ceramic) on mine. 33% for the front windows and 5% on the back. Here's some pictures

(My original with 21"s and current SQ5 with 20"s). The ceramic tint really helps mitigate heat in the summer.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is the rear OEM %? Looks darker than 35%. I also like light tint.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

We didn't measure it but mine above is ok and it's definitely darker. The tinted guess around 18-20%
Old 10-01-2017, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We didn't measure it but mine above is ok and it's definitely darker. The tinted guess around 18-20%
Llumar CTX 33% meters at 25% so they tend to go on darker if that helps.

QUOTE=Bmiletta;25045405]We didn't measure it but mine above is ok and it's definitely darker. The tinted guess around 18-20%[/QUOTE]

​​​​​​​It's not that dark. The windshield makes the front windows look lighter than the back. Factory is around 30-40%
Old 10-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. I just picked my SQ5 up yesterday and am considering whether to put on the CTX or the Pinnacle. The pinnacle costs nearly twice as much, and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether or not it is worth the price difference.

I'll be tinting all windows other than the windshield, and will also be tinting the sunroof, primarily for heat and UV rejection.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RossG
Thanks for the pictures. I just picked my SQ5 up yesterday and am considering whether to put on the CTX or the Pinnacle. The pinnacle costs nearly twice as much, and I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether or not it is worth the price difference.

I'll be tinting all windows other than the windshield, and will also be tinting the sunroof, primarily for heat and UV rejection.
I live in Texas, the sunroof blocks out more heat than any other window; I wouldn't bother putting tint on it. If you go your whole windshield Llumar Air 80 works really well and it's essentially clear.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RossG

at my shop they had a little display where you could feel the heat difference. Huge differences. Is the CTX the classic? Cause that one had metal in it and it will interfere with cellular service and such.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

at my shop they had a little display where you could feel the heat difference. Huge differences. Is the CTX the classic? Cause that one had metal in it and it will interfere with cellular service and such.
I have no cell issues with the CTX in my car. Per their website it denotes not celluar signal is not an issue. http://northamerica.llumar.com/automotive-film/types-of-automotive-film/ceramic-window-tint/ctx-window-tint
Old 10-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, the CTX is the Llumar-branded ceramic tint. The Pinnacle is the Formula One-branded ceramic tint, which is also made by Llumar. That is why I have the question. If they are both made by the same company, is the Formula One version better enough to justify paying basically twice as much?

Quick Reply: Llumar Pinnacle 35 pictures