• 11 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
9cvI3R5.png
Spyker C8 Aileron '11
9cvI3R5.png

file.php

The Spyker C8 Aileron is a sports car produced by the Dutch automaker Spyker Cars, it was introduced at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show.

Exterior:
Meticulously hand-crafted and inspired by the company’s rich and storied history in aviation, the C8 Aileron represents the latest in Spyker’s signature architecture. The new C8 Aileron takes off from the design language of its predecessor, albeit with a shift in philosophy: from the propeller design that has come to define the last model, the new C8 Aileron now takes its inspiration to the turbine propulsion.

In doing this, a number of design elements from the last model were scrapped, all in the name of enhancing aerodynamic performance.

Noted by their absence in the new model include the polished air inlets that have been turned into turbine-engine-shaped air scoops; the removal of the shark-like gills to give the car a cleaner and smoother appearance; a larger front grille that provides additional cooling; a redesigned rear diffuser to improve functionality; and an extra spoiler placed under the diffuser to give the car extra downforce.

More to the design of the new C8 Aileron was Spyker’s motivation to give the car more substance over style. As such, the company gave the new car single-pane, full retractable side windows compared to the split-side window design of the old model. Similarly, the outside mirrors on the new car were redesigned and mounted on two turbine fan blades.

As for the lights, the new C8 Aileron has LED lights on the indicators, the sidelights, and the entire rear lights setting. Upon inspection, you’ll also notice that the headlights have been redesigned to follow the body design of the car more closely, which is an indication of the new design philosophy Spyker is instituting with the new model line-up.

Interior:

The interior of the C8 Aileron comes with more breathing room, courtesy of the space created by the car’s longer chassis. To ensure that the level of comfort and ergonomic satisfaction remains top-class, Spyker took careful attention to details, opting for the highest quality leather in the form of the Litano range of the Dutch Royal Tannery Hulshof. This leather option is available in 14 standard colors and if the customer wishes for a more exotic flavor to the leather, it can be ordered as an option.

In the front, the C8 Aileron’s dashboard was completely redesigned to better suit Spyker’s new design direction. The air vents, like the various references on the exterior, have been designed with the same turbine style configuration. In addition, a multifunctional LCD display has been integrated between the speedometer and the odometer with the car’s middle console accommodates the C8 Aileron’s standard Kharma sound system.

Performance:

C8 Aileron has a 6.2-liter LSA V8 engine - the same one under the hood of the Corvette ZR1 and Cadillac CTS-V - that produces over 500 horsepower.

file.php

file.php

file.php

_________________________________________________________________________________

The difference between this and the 2009 model: 156 extra hp for the 2011 model. :P

I don't vote because:

And already suggested too: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/spyker-c8-aileron-2009.300922

In 2011 they are planning to built this car but they never did (no cash because the SAAB adventure) .... and besides that if they would have been built the car it was only 500 HP, so 100 HP more.

Probably you take the information from here

And this is exactly what I have discussed with Famine a long time ago ... threads like these one.

And you also posted a duplicate, this is the original for the 2009 model: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/spyker-c8-aileron.298235/

In 2011 they are planning to built this car but they never did (no cash because the SAAB adventure)
That doesn't prevent PDI from building this car in the game.

and besides that if they would have been built the car it was only 500 HP, so 100 HP more.

Probably you take the information from here
Wrong, the source just says "that produces over 500 horsepower", but it does mention the engine, a 6.2-liter LSA V8 engine, which I decided to look on and found this: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lsa/

And you also posted a duplicate, this is the original for the 2009 model: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/spyker-c8-aileron.298235/

Nope, I didn't suggest any C8 Aileron .. so read carefull next time.

That doesn't prevent PDI from building this car in the game.

This car is already suggested and you are suggesting an engine which is actullay never build in a Spijker.
I you have payed attention you should know I live 50 km from the Spijker factory and I read many Dutch auto magazines so I know what I'm talking about.

Wrong, the source just says "that produces over 500 horsepower", but it does mention the engine, a 6.2-liter LSA V8 engine, which I decided to look on and found this: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/gm-engines/lsa/

Not wrong, the fact a engine can deliver more than 500 hp will not say that a car builder will use all it's power.
Anyway since the engine is not build in a Spijker you can't say the exact HP too.

And least not last, I just say why I will not vote. Nothing more nothing less.

...............Oi, is there another catfight brewin' here? Why don't we cool down just for a moment, guys? Hm?

This is no catfight but just the facts .... I don't like this too, it's pointless, but do we need a Spijker that does not exist?
If so, we can make threads with all kind of engines in different cars .... do we want all this cars?
No, I don't think we do.

PD can easily achieve this by allow us to tune a single Spijker C8 Aileron. Like they say about me, I think Tsukishima all she wants is likes?

I will not react anymore concerning this thread.
Have a nice day.

I think Tsukishima all she wants is likes?
Don't go around making foolish assumptions about me :grumpy:, the reason for me keeping to constantly post new cars is this: http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=374

I couldn't care less about something you can't even see in your profile. I try to stop posting new suggestions but something new keeps coming everyday, something I feel that should be shared with others.

Back