My ever awaited Extra Small Red Stichodactyla Haddoni anemone

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big shout to #piecesoftheocean for this most beautiful and rarest size small small Red Carpet . I have kept many carpets in past and this time wanted something small for ever and on waiting list comes to an end now . Made this little guy a small nest until he grows out and get moved to one his own future spices tank . Dark dark red color pic was taken under mix of blue plus and coral plus and purple opens no
More than 3 to 4" for size reference a frag dish
1 1/4" sitting right next to him.
IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

Not a great pic lights barely coming on and this thing was acclimated last night super super sticky no signs of being stress and already anchored .

I have had one of the largest red carpet in the past and now I think I have one the most smallest carpet now [emoji3]

Just showing off my previous large carpet
IMG_0403.JPG

Tang in pic is full grown with 4 to 5" steamers

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats...that's a beautiful specimen.

Goldenvue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool my red was about that big when I got it 7 yrs ago now it's pushing 24". I have a blue and purple that are that small. #lovemynems

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Hope to see if in person one of these days lucky [emoji256]

josh.j.avila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see ur system too and talk zeovitt I have done that in past

Yup it's not looking that great right now. Just replaced a lot of rock and also a lot of coral. Picking up a lot more sps. But it's really developing potential. Not quite a ulns either.

1MJG1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just got a red carpet and am having trouble acclimating him to the tank. I have him up against the udnerside of a rock on the ground, seems to be doing better there, but its constantly flucuating size. open then shrivvled than open than shrivvleed. Any ideas, doesnt seem sick no gapping mouth.

kapnkush608

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with anemones you should approach them worst case scenario. Try not to convince yourself it's healthier than it is. As long as you treat it with Cipro properly your only ~70 gallons of water and $5 in Cipro. I would treat it sooner than later. Here's a link to a pretty good treatment protocol. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-i-cipro.211822/

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 64 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back